Date of Last Revision: July 9, 2018.
Who we are?
We are “Taiwan Art Gallery Association” (referred to as “TAGA”). Our mission is to promote the business development of art galleries in Taiwan, and to assist Taiwanese artists and art galleries to become an integrated part of the international art market.
Our location: 2F-1, No.1, Guangfu S. Rd., Songshan Dist., Taipei City 105, Taiwan
Our e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect
We generally collect your information directly from you because:
- You have participated in one of our events or activities; or
- You have registered with us to receive certain services (for example, to receive our newsletters); or
- You have contacted us before.
- You gave your business card to one of our staff.
- You are a member of an association or guild, or you have participated in certain art fairs/ activities, and your information was provided to us by the association/guild/organizer.
- You have agreed to the collection of your information by one of our partners, and that partner then provided your information to us legally.
To the extent permitted by the GDPR and other applicable law, you may be entitled to one or more of the following rights:
- Right of Affirmative Consent
We do our best to ensure that you understand what you are consenting to. This means that our requests are presented in clear, plain, and unambiguous language, and that your consent are freely given, specific, informed. As we mentioned earlier, our mission is to promote the business development of art galleries in Taiwan, and to assist Taiwanese artists and art galleries to become an integrated part of the international art market. To that end, we have organized (and will continue to organize) art fairs, seminars, talks, symposiums, lectures, members activities, and speeches (and more) alone or with other organizations.
In accordance with the GDPR and other applicable law, we hope to collect your personal information and we hope that you can express your consent by checking the boxes below (Please be advised that you may change your mind at any time by withdrawing your consent):
- You agree to receive information and invitations regarding our art exhibitions and related activities.
- You agree to receive information about the art seminars, talks, symposiums, lectures, speeches, and similar activities that we organize alone or with other organizations.
- You agree to receive our newsletters or other similar information.
- You agree that we transfer your personal information to other art associations/organizations located in third countries. (Such transfers will only take place when: 1. the country’s protections are deemed adequate by the EU; or 2. We take the necessary measures to provide appropriate safeguards, such as by including specific clauses in the contract concluded with the non-European importer of the personal data).
Please be advised that if you fail to give us the required affirmative consent, we will not be able to continue to provide you with the specific information or services described above.
- Right of Access
We do our best to respect users’ privacy. According to the EU GDPR and other applicable laws, you may make one or more of the following requests, and your requests will be passed to one of our staff who will be in contact as soon as possible:
- access to your personal data, free of charge and in an accessible format;
- inform you about the personal data we hold on you;
- tell you if we are processing your personal data;
- inform you about how we process your data;
- provide you with a copy of the personal data being processed.
- Right to Correct
If you believe that your personal data is incorrect, incomplete, or inaccurate, you have the right to have it rectified or completed without undue delay.
- Right to Erasure (Right to be Forgotten)
To the extent permitted by applicable law, in some circumstances, an individual can request that the data controller erase their personal data, such as when the data is no longer needed to fulfil the processing purpose.
- Data Portability:
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you can ask us to provide your personal information to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another data controller (e.g. another company). However, please be advised that you may only exercise this right where we use your information in order to perform a contract with you, or where we asked for your consent to use your information.
- Right to Object
You may also object, at any time, to the processing of your personal data for a particular use when we process it on the basis of your legitimate interest or for the performance of a task in the public interest. Unless we have a legitimate interest that overrides your interest of the individual, we will stop processing the personal data.
What Information Do We Collect From You?
TAGA is not a data processor that specializes in processing personal data. However, to promote art and culture, we may collect the following personal information:
- Your name, address, gender, profession, or phone number;
- Your domain name, location, your IP address, the length of time that you spent on our website, the number of our web pages that you visited and the pages you clicked;
- Your gross income; and
- Your art preferences.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
- We are strongly committed to ensuring the security of any personal information that we obtain from you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal information. Only authorized personnel and third party service providers are permitted access to personal information, and that access is limited by need.
- Where data processing is carried out on our behalf by a third party, we take steps to ensure that appropriate and equivalent security measures are in place to prevent unauthorized disclosure of personal information.
- We will only engage a data processor who offers sufficient guarantees. These guarantees will be included in a written contract between us and the processor. The contract must also contain a number of mandatory clauses, including, for example, a clause stipulating that the data processor will only process personal data on our documented instructions.
- If we plan to transfer your personal data outside the EU, such transfers will only take place if the country’s protections are deemed adequate by the EU.
How Long Will the Data be Stored?
Your personal information will not be kept for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed. You will be able to ask us to delete your personal data if you no longer want it to be processed, and there is no legitimate reason for us to keep it.
For example, if you were invited to give a speech, for a fee, at one of our events, we will only keep your personal information for a certain number of years as required by the tax authorities.
Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. Certain parts of our website or services may not work properly if you have disabled browser cookie use.